Monday, November 28, 2016

Designer Highlight-Sandye Curry!!!

Hello everyone! I hope you had a lovely holiday weekend. It is my pleasure to bring you another edition of Designer Highlight featuring fantastic work of Sandye Curry! If you have followed Riley & CO for any length of time you will no doubt recognize Sandye's work. Take it away Sandye!

***


Hello there Moose lovers! It's Sandye here, one of the Riley design team members.




My picture was taken at the Riley booth at Stampaway in Cincinnati. If you ever get a chance to go to a stamp show where Tanya is appearing with Riley and/or Prickley Pear stamps, be sure to GO!!! I've taken some of her classes as well, and they are fantastic! They fill up quickly, as everyone loves them.

I can't remember when I started crafting--I just think I always have! I have many wonderful memories of sitting with my mother at our dining room table, and making ...something, ...anything! If you name a craft, I have tried it! My favorites, however, are of course cardmaking, knitting, needlepoint, and I have just started quilting. I have lots of free time as I am a retired high school teacher. If we are not traveling (my first love), I am crafting.

My first project today is one I have been making for several years. Joy (a Riley design team member), Yoorah (a Riley supporter), and Michele (a former Riley DT member) and I often divide up the months and share calendars with each other. It's a wonderful project to do with friends. You think of them every time you look at your calendar! The images I used are

January-- Snow Ski Riley

February --Couch Riley

March--Felix the Cat with Beer Mug Small


May--Flower Bonnet

June--Tourist Riley

July--Patriot Riley

August--Seaside Sophie

September--Raking Leaves Riley;

October--Witch on Broom

November--Lucy Cooking


 The mini calendars are readily available on the internet, and if you are very careful cutting the size, you can reuse your calendar cards for the next year; just glue on new calendars!








Here's the way I use my calendar pages--the current month attached to a large clip (purchased from a local craft store) sitting right by my desk! I love these--and have made many sets as Christmas presents for friends. You have plenty of time to complete this:)






I wanted to share a couple of my favorite projects with you. I love pop-up box cards. I made two recently, one a Halloween card:




and another a graduation card:




The last project I'm sharing with you is a nugget cake. I gave this to a friend for her childrens' table at Thanksgiving. Her granddaughter said that looking at it just made her happy. I agree, as Riley plus chocolate should make anyone happy!



Be sure to keep checking my blog, Sandye's Creations, as I will have many more Riley creations to share with you. Bye for now!

***

I told you Sandye's work was great, didn't I?? I even found myself thinking about making a calendar set for myself! Which Riley images would you use for your calendar???

DON'T FORGET!!! 

Riley & CO is having a HUGE Cyber Monday Sale! 45% off the whole site when you use the code CYBERMONDAY!

Until next time, 
Angji

1 comment:

yoorah said...

Awesome adorable projects! You make me want every Riley you used (except the ones I already own 😋)